This tool is used for drawing paths. It has a number of options for adding and deleting points, creating curved paths, and other, more complex operations. To choose the tool you want, click and hold on the Pen Tool and move your cursor to the tool of your choice.
1. The basic pen tool is used for laying down anchor points which will be joined by straight lines.
2. The freehand pen tool allows you to draw freehand, as with a brush or pen, and create a path as you go.
3. The add anchor point tool can add points to a path that is already created.
4. The delete anchor point tool can delete points from a path.
5. With the convert point tool you can add "handlebars" to a point and create a curved path.
6. With the path selection tool you can turn a path on or move an entire path or subpath.
7. With the direct selection tool you can turn a path on or move an individual anchor point.